Can Veneers Give You the Perfect Smile?
If you are wondering if veneers can give you a perfect smile, the answer is yes. Dental veneers enhance the look of your teeth by covering all your teeth imperfections such as missing teeth, gaps between teeth, misshapen teeth, stained rotten or chipped teeth. They are alternatives to dental treatments such as crowns, braces, and teeth whitening. With veneers, you cover the front part of your tooth with a thin piece of porcelain or resin to give it a perfect appearance.
What are dental veneers?
Dental veneers are enhancement devices applied on the front part of damaged teeth to give them the perfect color, shape, or look. Dentists use very thin pieces of shells to restore damaged teeth. These shells are made of porcelain or resin, and they are thin enough to fit naturally in your tooth structure and give you a natural look. It is a minimally invasive cosmetic dentistry procedure that uses little or no anesthesia to complete.
What dental conditions do veneers treat?Â
Dental veneers are made to look and feel like your natural teeth. They are applied in such a way that nobody will see your teeth’ imperfections when you smile. Dental veneers can help you treat the following dental conditions:
- Crooked teeth. If your teeth are slightly crooked, you can use veneers to get an aligned look and a straighter smile. For extremely misaligned teeth, consider using braces.
- Chipped teeth. Teeth chip due to accidents, grinding, or poor lifestyle. Chipped teeth have a jagged feel, leaving you with discomfort, pressure on the tooth, or even exposing the affected tooth to nerve damage. A dental veneer can cover the jagged edge hence giving it a smooth look and feel. A porcelain veneer is the most expensive yet most durable of all dental treatment options for chipped teeth.
- Worn out teeth. Teeth wear out due to grinding and aging. Worn-down teeth interfere with your smile and force you to zip up. However, veneers can help fix your work teeth and protect your upper front teeth from further damage. Other alternatives for treating worn-down teeth are dental crowns and bonding.
- Severe discoloration. Sometimes, normal teeth whitening procedures fail to work. If you have severe tooth discoloration, a dentist can cover the stained teeth with a tooth-colored porcelain veneer and restore your bright smile.
- Unwanted or uneven spaces. Whether you were born with diastema or have lost some teeth along the way, you do not have to deal with the embarrassment of a “blank smile.” A dentist can fabricate veneers that are larger than your existing teeth to fill the gap.
- Misshapen teeth. Badly shaped teeth can affect the quality of your smile. This problem is caused by various developmental, genetic, environmental, and medical conditions, but dental veneers can give you uniform-shaped teeth.
Call Dr. Jack Nagrani at (559) 422-6027 for professional dental care today.
Am I a good candidate for veneers?
After examining your teeth, the dentist will tell you if you qualify for veneer treatment. It would be best if you were in good dental health to get veneer treatment. However, patients with severely crooked teeth, tooth decay, gum disease, and cavities may seek an alternative treatment.
How long do veneers last?
There are many types of veneers in the market today. However, porcelain veneers and composite veneers are the most popular because they are strong, durable, and stain-resistant. Nevertheless, the lifespan of veneers depends on how you take care of them. According to American Dental Association, with proper care, veneers can serve you for up to 10 years.
5 Reasons Why Veneers Give You A Perfect Smile
Composite and porcelain veneers treatment is one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures in the US. Below are five ways veneers improve your teeth.
1. They repair teeth easily.
If you have broken or damaged teeth, it is easy to think that your smile is ruined forever. While you cannot regrow a broken tooth or fix a crack, you can cover it with a natural-looking composite veneer. Veneer application is one of those cosmetic dentistry procedures that need little or no anesthesia at all, yet the results last for many years to come. Nobody will ever notice your teeth’ imperfections, and your smile will be perfect for life.
Dr. Nagrani’s dental office in Hanford, CA, will customize your composite or porcelain veneer to ensure it fits perfectly within your jaw.
2. They look, feel and function just like your natural teeth.
Different veneers work differently. Porcelain and composite veneers look and feel like your natural teeth while also helping you continue using your teeth as if nothing is missing or broken. Whether you want to bridge a gap or cover imperfections, these thin layers of teeth-like veneers will do it for you effortlessly. They are sturdy and durable to serve for up to 10 years without replacement, giving you the ability to naturally provide a perfect smile and chew food. If you have been struggling with stained teeth, veneers are a permanent teeth whitening solution.
Our porcelain veneers do not stain easily and are strong enough to chew even hard food. We color-match them to ensure you have the right shade of white as your natural teeth. Book an appointment today with our cosmetic dentist in Hanford, CA, for dental restorations.
3. They fix multiple dental issues at once.
A dental veneer takes care of your severely discolored, broken teeth and misalignment issues at once. This treatment option is one of the one-fits-all cosmetic dentistry procedures available for patients with multiple dental conditions. The good thing is you pay just once for the procedure, and all stained, crooked, or broken teeth get back into shape immediately.
Our stain-resistant porcelain veneers will meet all your dental needs in just one simple application. Meet our dentists in Hanford, CA 93230 today to discuss the treatment process.
4. They fix crooked teeth permanently.
Once a dentist applies a veneer, the effect lasts forever. Your crooked teeth will not need any other treatment to give you a straighter smile. You will not need any other solution to get a whiter smile. You have a permanent solution to all your teeth imperfections for the next ten years when the dentist will replace your old veneers with new ones. Give your porcelain veneers a personal touch by visiting Jack Nagrani Dentistry in Hanford, CA today.
5. They close gaps painlessly.
The only time you may feel pain during this type of treatment is during enamel shaving. Dentists use local anesthesia to minimize your pain so that you can achieve your dental goals with minimum discomfort. In addition, veneers take a short duration to apply, and they also have a shorter recovery time than alternative treatments such as braces and Invisalign.
Call Our Family Dentist in Hanford, CA Today for Your Dental Needs!
Dr. Nagrani and his entire staff care about your health. This is only possible if you can connect with people that make you feel valued.Â
Healthy teeth are our specialty, and we understand that perfect-looking teeth will give you access to doors of happiness. First-time patients have loved how our porcelain veneers look on them, and we believe you, too, will love them. Apart from composite and porcelain veneers, we have various dental treatment options for you and your entire family, including dental lasers, braces, dental implants, teeth whitening, and emergency dental care. For the perfect smile, visit our cosmetic dentistry in Hanford or call us today at (559) 422-6027 to book an appointment.