Emergency Dental Care in Hartford, CA
Do you have a family dentist? Having a family dentist can be essential when it comes to dental emergencies. It can save you time for you or your family’s dental emergency. You should also see a dentist regularly for your own teeth and mouth health. Some of you might be wondering: what is considered a dental emergency? Read on to learn more about dental emergencies, so you’ll be more prepared in the future.
When Should You Schedule an Emergency Dental Appointment?
What is a dental emergency? A dental emergency is when an injury has occurred in your mouth, such as a loss of a tooth or infection. Most dental emergencies involve pain, but they could also include cuts to the lips, gums, or cheeks. It’s important that you see a dentist immediately in case of tooth loss or the pain could become unbearable.
How do you know your issue is a dental emergency? Here are different types of injuries to the mouth that will be accepted as a dental emergency:
- Infection or Abscess: An infection or an abscess is a serious cause for an emergency dental appointment. It could lead to a life-threatening situation if left untreated. In some cases, you might need a root canal. Seek dental help right away!
- Tissue injury: If there’s blood coming from a laceration, puncture, or cut in your mouth with the addition of pain, then this could be serious enough to seek dental help immediately. Consult an oral surgeon or a doctor at the emergency room right away if this occurs.
- Knocked-out tooth: It’s essential that you seek immediate dental attention when you have a tooth knocked out. The tooth can be reattached if you are seen to in time.
- Loose tooth: If a tooth is loose, the dentist might be able to stabilize the tooth. However, this might not be the case if it’s too late.
- Fracture or crack of a tooth: A crack or fracture to a tooth could mean that there is damage on the inside and outside of your tooth. Consult a dentist if you want to keep the tooth or see if it can be fixed.
Scheduling an Emergency Dental Visit
Do you have a dental emergency? If you ever need a dentist in a dental emergency, call Dr. Jack Nagrani for an appointment. Dr. Jack Nagrani’s dental facility is in Hanford, California. We can get you in on the same day if your call is during our business hours.
However, there are some dental situations that can wait and are not considered dental emergencies. You can always wait until the next day for dental situations that aren’t as serious as the ones listed above. If you experience chipped teeth, lose temporary crowns, or other problems that don’t include bleeding, pain, loose teeth, or swelling, then this isn’t a dental emergency. These might cause discomfort, but you can get through an extra day without dental care. Set up an appointment for the next day to get these problems resolved.
Best Emergency Dentist in Hanford, CA
If you are seeking emergency dental care in Hanford, California, Dr. Jack Nagrani is the best emergency dentist in Hanford, CA. Remember, we can get an emergency dental appointment the same day if it’s during business hours. Please visit his website to see if he’s the best fit for you and your family. Contact Dr. Jack Nagrani by phone or email today to set up an emergency appointment or ask any questions.